One of the subjects I wrote about in past months, was that My power utility had been planning to cut power to my home, briefly, to perform work on the -distribution system. This had to do with our wireless power meters, that needed to be replaced.
Because the linemen knocked on my door, and forewarned me of the power cut, in order to avoid any file-system corruption, I actually shut down all my computers, one of which acts as my Web-server.
As a result of my shutting the computers down, my site and blog were off-line from about 13h30 until 14h20 this afternoon. I apologize for any inconvenience to my readers.
The actual power-cut only lasted approximately 5 minutes, but because I did not know the exact timing with which it would take place, I was cautious and shut down my computers at 13h30 already.
This time around, the X-server on the computer named ‘Phoenix’ took 2 attempts to restart.
At least this power-cut resolved an outstanding issue.