One of the apps which I have installed on my Android phone, is called ‘kdeconnect’, and I’ve blogged about it before. This is an app that allows a compatible Linux widget to sync certain data with the smart-phone.
(Screen-Shot from some earlier version of this app, which did not constrain the available directories.)
The version which I have installed on the Debian / Stretch computer I name ‘Phosphene’, is 1.0.3~bpo9+0 . I actually needed to patch this package, so that for the following few months, it was able to browse the file-system of my phone, specifically, directories which I authorized on the phone app, from my Linux computer.
Well the Android companion to this app has just received an update through Google Play. This update broke the ability of my Linux computer to mount the remote file system – i.e., to browse any directories on the phone.
(Update at 18h25 : )
But what seems to have happened is that two updates were pushed to my phone in rapid succession, the second of which put the Android app version to 1.12.9 . The reason for which I’m inferring this, is the fact that this remote mounting of the phone’s chosen directories works now, with no actual intervention from me:
The detail of this experience which puzzles me, is the thought that I had in fact been testing v1.12.9, when I first reported the app as broken…
However, this ‘broken’ result can also occur, just because of
faulty communication between the two devices.
(Update 7/6/2019, 21h25 : )