In This Earlier Posting, I wrote that I host my blog and site, on my private server at home, and that therefore, the visibility of my site to the Internet depends on the reliability of my DSL connection. This is atypical of me. I also wrote recently that I was anticipating some downtime, due to inclement weather.
What has happened instead, is that from time to time my ISP has asked my modem to reconnect, thus giving me a new IP address. My ISP has the right to do this, because they own the IP address range and I do not.
But in response to this, the site has been offline for only about 5-10 minutes at a time, and my subscribed DynDNS service has kicked right in, and updated my publicly-visible IP address. So it is business as usual for now.